Vernon Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Vernon Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Vernon Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Vernon Parish Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Vernon Parish property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Vernon Parish Assessor's Office is located in Leesville, Louisiana.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Vernon Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Vernon Parish Information
Vernon Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Vernon Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Vernon Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Vernon Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Vernon Parish.
- The Vernon Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Vernon Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Vernon Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Vernon Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Vernon Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 337-239-2167. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Vernon Parish assessor's office at 337-239-3176. Please call the assessor's office in Leesville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352