Vermilion Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Vermilion Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Vermilion Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Vermilion Parish Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Vermilion Parish property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Vermilion Parish Assessor's Office is located in Abbeville, Louisiana.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Vermilion Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Vermilion Parish Information
Vermilion Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Vermilion Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Vermilion Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Vermilion Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Vermilion Parish.
- The Vermilion Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Vermilion Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Vermilion Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Vermilion Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Vermilion Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 337-893-2837. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Vermilion Parish assessor's office at 337-893-1221. Please call the assessor's office in Abbeville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352