Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Terrebonne Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Terrebonne Parish Assessor for:
- Checking the Terrebonne Parish property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Terrebonne Parish Assessor's Office is located in Houma, Louisiana.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Terrebonne Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Terrebonne Parish Information
Terrebonne Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Terrebonne Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Terrebonne Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Terrebonne Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Terrebonne Parish.
- The Terrebonne Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Terrebonne Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Terrebonne Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Terrebonne Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Terrebonne Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 985-876-6620. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Houma before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352