St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The St. Tammany Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the St. Tammany Parish Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the St. Tammany Parish property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
Parish CourthouseThe St. Tammany Parish Assessor's Office is located in the St. Tammany Parish Justice Center in Covington, Louisiana. Covington is the county seat of St. Tammany Parish, where most local government offices are located.
St. Tammany Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Tammany Parish Information
St. Tammany Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Tammany Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Tammany Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Tammany Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Tammany Parish.
- The St. Tammany Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Tammany Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Tammany Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Tammany Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Tammany Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 985-809-8180. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Tammany Parish assessor's office at 985-809-8190. Please call the assessor's office in Covington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.