St. Mary Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The St. Mary Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Mary Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the St. Mary Parish Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the St. Mary Parish property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Parish CourthouseThe St. Mary Parish Assessor's Office is located in Franklin, Louisiana. Franklin is the county seat of St. Mary Parish, where most local government offices are located.
St. Mary Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Mary Parish Information
St. Mary Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Mary Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Mary Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Mary Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Mary Parish.
- The St. Mary Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Mary Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Mary Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Mary Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Mary Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 337-828-4100. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Mary Parish assessor's office at 337-828-2122. Please call the assessor's office in Franklin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Mary Parish government at 337-828-4092.