St. Martin Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The St. Martin Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the St. Martin Parish Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the St. Martin Parish property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
St. Martinville, LA 70582The St. Martin Parish Assessor's Office is located in the St. Martin Parish Courthouse in St. Martinville, Louisiana.
St. Martin Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Martin Parish Information
St. Martin Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Martin Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Martin Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Martin Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Martin Parish.
- The St. Martin Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Martin Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Martin Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Martin Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Martin Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 337-394-2208. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Martin Parish assessor's office at 337-394-2209. Please call the assessor's office in St. Martinville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Martin Parish government at 337-394-2203.