St. James Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The St. James Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. James Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the St. James Parish Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the St. James Parish property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
Parish CourthouseThe St. James Parish Assessor's Office is located in Convent, Louisiana. Convent is the county seat of St. James Parish, where most local government offices are located.
St. James Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. James Parish Information
St. James Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. James Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. James Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The St. James Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. James Parish.
- The St. James Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. James Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. James Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. James Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. James Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 225-562-2250. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. James Parish assessor's office at 225-562-2249. Please call the assessor's office in Convent before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. James Parish government at 225-562-2279.