St. Helena Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The St. Helena Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Helena Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the St. Helena Parish Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the St. Helena Parish property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Parish CourthouseThe St. Helena Parish Assessor's Office is located in Greensburg, Louisiana. Greensburg is the county seat of St. Helena Parish, where most local government offices are located.
St. Helena Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Helena Parish Information
St. Helena Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Helena Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Helena Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Helena Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Helena Parish.
- The St. Helena Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Helena Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Helena Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Helena Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Helena Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 225-222-4131. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Helena Parish assessor's office at 225-222-4132. Please call the assessor's office in Greensburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Helena Parish government at 225-222-6405.