St. Charles Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The St. Charles Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the St. Charles Parish Assessor for:
- Checking the St. Charles Parish property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
Parish CourthouseThe St. Charles Parish Assessor's Office is located in the St. Charles Parish Courthouse in Hahnville, Louisiana. Hahnville is the county seat of St. Charles Parish, where most local government offices are located.
St. Charles Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Charles Parish Information
St. Charles Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Charles Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Charles Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Charles Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Charles Parish.
- The St. Charles Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Charles Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Charles Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Charles Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Charles Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 985-783-6281. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Charles Parish assessor's office at 985-783-6593. Please call the assessor's office in Hahnville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Charles Parish government at 985-783-2067.