Rapides Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Rapides Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rapides Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Rapides Parish Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Rapides Parish property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Parish CourthouseThe Rapides Parish Assessor's Office is located in Alexandria, Louisiana.
Rapides Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rapides Parish Information
Rapides Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rapides Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rapides Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Rapides Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rapides Parish.
- The Rapides Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rapides Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rapides Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rapides Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rapides Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 318-448-8511. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Rapides Parish assessor's office at 318-443-7354. Please call the assessor's office in Alexandria before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alexandria, La 71309 1150 at 318-473-6670.