Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Pointe Coupee Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Pointe Coupee Parish Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Pointe Coupee Parish property tax due date
Courthouse Annex BuildingThe Pointe Coupee Parish Assessor's Office is located in New Roads, Louisiana. New Roads is the county seat of Pointe Coupee Parish, where most local government offices are located.
Pointe Coupee Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pointe Coupee Parish Information
Pointe Coupee Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pointe Coupee Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pointe Coupee Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Pointe Coupee Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pointe Coupee Parish.
- The Pointe Coupee Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pointe Coupee Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pointe Coupee Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pointe Coupee Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pointe Coupee Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 225-638-7077. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pointe Coupee Parish assessor's office at 225-638-4370. Please call the assessor's office in New Roads before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pointe Coupee Parish government at 225-638-5555.