Ouachita Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Ouachita Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Ouachita Parish Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Ouachita Parish property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
Parish CourthouseThe Ouachita Parish Assessor's Office is located in the Ouachita Parish Courthouse in Monroe, Louisiana. Monroe is the county seat of Ouachita Parish, where most local government offices are located.
Ouachita Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ouachita Parish Information
Ouachita Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ouachita Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ouachita Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Ouachita Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ouachita Parish.
- The Ouachita Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ouachita Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ouachita Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ouachita Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ouachita Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 318-327-1300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Monroe before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ouachita Parish government at 318-327-1339.