Madison Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Madison Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Madison Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Madison Parish Assessor for:
- Checking the Madison Parish property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
Parish Courthouse BuildingThe Madison Parish Assessor's Office is located in Tallulah, Louisiana. Tallulah is the county seat of Madison Parish, where most local government offices are located.
Madison Parish Assessor Contact Information
Madison Parish Assessor Address
Madison Parish Assessor
100 North Cedar Street, Suite 4
Tallulah, LA 71284
Madison Parish Assessor Phone Number
Madison Parish Assessor's Website
Additional Madison Parish Information
Property Tax Search Tool Find Madison Parish property tax records
Madison Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Madison Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Madison Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Madison Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Madison Parish.
- The Madison Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Madison Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Madison Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Madison Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Madison Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 318-574-0117. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Madison Parish assessor's office at 318-574-0127. Please call the assessor's office in Tallulah before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Madison Parish government at 318-574-3122.
Find the tax assessor for a different Louisiana county
Find property records for Madison Parish
The median property tax in Madison Parish, Louisiana is $203.00