Lafourche Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Lafourche Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Lafourche Parish Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Lafourche Parish property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Parish CourthouseThe Lafourche Parish Assessor's Office is located in Thibodaux, Louisiana.
Lafourche Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lafourche Parish Information
Lafourche Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lafourche Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lafourche Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Lafourche Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lafourche Parish.
- The Lafourche Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lafourche Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lafourche Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lafourche Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lafourche Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 985-447-7242. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lafourche Parish assessor's office at 985-447-8060. Please call the assessor's office in Thibodaux before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Thibodaux, La 70302 5548 at 985-449-4012.