Jefferson Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Jefferson Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Jefferson Parish Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Jefferson Parish property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
Parish CourthouseThe Jefferson Parish Assessor's Office is located in Gretna, Louisiana. Gretna is the county seat of Jefferson Parish, where most local government offices are located.
Jefferson Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Jefferson Parish Information
Jefferson Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Jefferson Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Jefferson Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Jefferson Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Jefferson Parish.
- The Jefferson Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Jefferson Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Jefferson Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Jefferson Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Jefferson Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 504-362-4100. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Jefferson Parish assessor's office at 504-366-4087. Please call the assessor's office in Gretna before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.