Franklin Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Franklin Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Franklin Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Franklin Parish Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Franklin Parish property tax due date
The Franklin Parish Assessor's Office is located in Winnsboro, Louisiana.
Franklin Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Franklin Parish Information
Franklin Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Franklin Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Franklin Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Franklin Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Franklin Parish.
- The Franklin Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Franklin Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Franklin Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Franklin Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Franklin Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 318-435-5390. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Franklin Parish assessor's office at 318-435-5302. Please call the assessor's office in Winnsboro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.