Catahoula Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Catahoula Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Catahoula Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Catahoula Parish Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Catahoula Parish property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
Parish CourthouseThe Catahoula Parish Assessor's Office is located in Harrisonburg, Louisiana. Harrisonburg is the county seat of Catahoula Parish, where most local government offices are located.
Catahoula Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Catahoula Parish Information
Catahoula Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Catahoula Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Catahoula Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Catahoula Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Catahoula Parish.
- The Catahoula Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Catahoula Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Catahoula Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Catahoula Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Catahoula Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 318-744-5291. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Catahoula Parish assessor's office at 318-744-5334. Please call the assessor's office in Harrisonburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Catahoula Parish government at 318-744-5568.