Cameron Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Cameron Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cameron Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Cameron Parish Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Cameron Parish property tax due date
The Cameron Parish Assessor's Office is located in Cameron, Louisiana.
Cameron Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cameron Parish Information
Cameron Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cameron Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cameron Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Cameron Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cameron Parish.
- The Cameron Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cameron Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cameron Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cameron Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cameron Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 337-775-5416. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Cameron before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.