Caddo Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Caddo Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Caddo Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Caddo Parish Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Caddo Parish property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
P.O. Box 1127The Caddo Parish Assessor's Office is located in Shreveport, Louisiana. Shreveport is the county seat of Caddo Parish, where most local government offices are located.
Caddo Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Caddo Parish Information
Caddo Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Caddo Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Caddo Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Caddo Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Caddo Parish.
- The Caddo Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Caddo Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Caddo Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Caddo Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Caddo Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 318-226-6701. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Shreveport before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.