Allen Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Allen Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Allen Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Allen Parish Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Allen Parish property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
Parish CourthouseThe Allen Parish Assessor's Office is located in the Allen Parish Courthouse in Oberlin, Louisiana. Oberlin is the county seat of Allen Parish, where most local government offices are located.
Allen Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Allen Parish Information
Allen Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Allen Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Allen Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Allen Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Allen Parish.
- The Allen Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Allen Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Allen Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Allen Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Allen Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 337-639-4391. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Allen Parish assessor's office at 337-639-4196. Please call the assessor's office in Oberlin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Allen Parish government at 337-639-4326.