Wolfe County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Wolfe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wolfe County, Kentucky. You can contact the Wolfe County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Wolfe County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 429The Wolfe County Assessor's Office is located in Campton, Kentucky. Campton is the county seat of Wolfe County, where most local government offices are located.
Wolfe County Assessor Contact Information
Wolfe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wolfe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wolfe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wolfe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wolfe County.
- The Wolfe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wolfe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wolfe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wolfe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wolfe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-668-6923. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wolfe County assessor's office at 606-668-9957. Please call the assessor's office in Campton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wolfe County Courthouse at 606-668-3040.