Trigg County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Trigg County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Trigg County, Kentucky. You can contact the Trigg County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Trigg County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 672The Trigg County Assessor's Office is located in Cadiz, Kentucky. Cadiz is the county seat of Trigg County, where most local government offices are located.
Trigg County Assessor Contact Information
Trigg County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Trigg County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Trigg County Tax Appraiser.
- The Trigg County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Trigg County.
- The Trigg County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Trigg County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Trigg County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Trigg County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Trigg County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-522-3271. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Trigg County assessor's office at 270-522-3272. Please call the assessor's office in Cadiz before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Trigg County Courthouse at 270-522-8459.