Simpson County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Simpson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Simpson County, Kentucky. You can contact the Simpson County Assessor for:
- Checking the Simpson County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 242The Simpson County Assessor's Office is located in Franklin, Kentucky. Franklin is the county seat of Simpson County, where most local government offices are located.
Simpson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Simpson County Information
Simpson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Simpson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Simpson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Simpson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Simpson County.
- The Simpson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Simpson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Simpson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Simpson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Simpson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-586-4261. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Simpson County assessor's office at 270-586-0278. Please call the assessor's office in Franklin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Simpson County Courthouse at 270-586-7184.