Powell County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Powell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Powell County, Kentucky. You can contact the Powell County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Powell County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Powell County Assessor's Office is located in Stanton, Kentucky.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Powell County Assessor Contact Information
Powell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Powell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Powell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Powell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Powell County.
- The Powell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Powell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Powell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Powell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Powell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-663-4184. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Powell County assessor's office at 606-663-0947. Please call the assessor's office in Stanton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352