Owsley County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Owsley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Owsley County, Kentucky. You can contact the Owsley County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Owsley County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 749The Owsley County Assessor's Office is located in Booneville, Kentucky. Booneville is the county seat of Owsley County, where most local government offices are located.
Owsley County Assessor Contact Information
Owsley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Owsley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Owsley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Owsley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Owsley County.
- The Owsley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Owsley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Owsley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Owsley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Owsley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-593-6265. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Owsley County assessor's office at 606-593-5737. Please call the assessor's office in Booneville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Owsley County Courthouse at 606-593-6202.