Owen County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Owen County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Owen County, Kentucky. You can contact the Owen County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Owen County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
100 N Thomas Street, Suite 1The Owen County Assessor's Office is located in Owenton, Kentucky. Owenton is the county seat of Owen County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Owen County Courthouse, at 100 North Thomas Street, Room 6.
Owen County Assessor Contact Information
Owen County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Owen County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Owen County Tax Appraiser.
- The Owen County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Owen County.
- The Owen County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Owen County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Owen County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Owen County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Owen County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 502-484-5172. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Owen County assessor's office at 502-484-0664. Please call the assessor's office in Owenton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Owen County Courthouse at 502-484-3405.