Oldham County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Oldham County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Oldham County, Kentucky. You can contact the Oldham County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Oldham County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
100 W Jefferson StreetThe Oldham County Assessor's Office is located in LaGrange, Kentucky. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Fiscal Court Building, at 110 West Jefferson Street.
Oldham County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Oldham County Information
Oldham County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Oldham County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Oldham County Tax Appraiser.
- The Oldham County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Oldham County.
- The Oldham County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Oldham County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Oldham County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Oldham County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Oldham County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 502-222-9320. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Oldham County assessor's office at 502-222-4516. Please call the assessor's office in LaGrange before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fiscal Court Building at 502-222-9357.