Nicholas County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Nicholas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Nicholas County, Kentucky. You can contact the Nicholas County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Nicholas County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO Box 167The Nicholas County Assessor's Office is located in Carlisle, Kentucky. Carlisle is the county seat of Nicholas County, where most local government offices are located.
Nicholas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Nicholas County Information
Nicholas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Nicholas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Nicholas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Nicholas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Nicholas County.
- The Nicholas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Nicholas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Nicholas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Nicholas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Nicholas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 859-289-3735. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Nicholas County assessor's office at 859-289-3735. Please call the assessor's office in Carlisle before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Nicholas County Courthouse at 859-289-3725.