Muhlenberg County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Muhlenberg County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Muhlenberg County, Kentucky. You can contact the Muhlenberg County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Muhlenberg County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 137The Muhlenberg County Assessor's Office is located in Greenville, Kentucky. Greenville is the county seat of Muhlenberg County, where most local government offices are located.
Muhlenberg County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Muhlenberg County Information
Muhlenberg County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Muhlenberg County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Muhlenberg County Tax Appraiser.
- The Muhlenberg County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Muhlenberg County.
- The Muhlenberg County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Muhlenberg County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Muhlenberg County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Muhlenberg County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Muhlenberg County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-338-4664. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Muhlenberg County assessor's office at 270-338-0674. Please call the assessor's office in Greenville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Muhlenberg County Courthouse at 270-338-2520.