Monroe County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Monroe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Monroe County, Kentucky. You can contact the Monroe County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Monroe County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
200 N Main StThe Monroe County Assessor's Office is located in Tompkinsville, Kentucky. Tompkinsville is the county seat of Monroe County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Monroe County Courthouse, at 200 North Main Street, Suite A.
Monroe County Assessor Contact Information
Monroe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Monroe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Monroe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Monroe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Monroe County.
- The Monroe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Monroe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Monroe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Monroe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Monroe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-487-6401. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Monroe County assessor's office at 270-487-9212. Please call the assessor's office in Tompkinsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Monroe County Courthouse at 270-487-5505.