McCreary County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The McCreary County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McCreary County, Kentucky. You can contact the McCreary County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the McCreary County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 579The McCreary County Assessor's Office is located in Whitley City, Kentucky. Whitley City is the county seat of McCreary County, where most local government offices are located.
McCreary County Assessor Contact Information
McCreary County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McCreary County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McCreary County Tax Appraiser.
- The McCreary County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McCreary County.
- The McCreary County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McCreary County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McCreary County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McCreary County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McCreary County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-376-2514. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the McCreary County assessor's office at 606-376-4152. Please call the assessor's office in Whitley City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mccreary County Courthouse at 606-376-2413.