McCracken County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The McCracken County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McCracken County, Kentucky. You can contact the McCracken County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the McCracken County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
301 S 6Th StThe McCracken County Assessor's Office is located in Paducah, Kentucky. Paducah is the county seat of McCracken County, where most local government offices are located.
McCracken County Assessor Contact Information
McCracken County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McCracken County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McCracken County Tax Appraiser.
- The McCracken County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McCracken County.
- The McCracken County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McCracken County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McCracken County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McCracken County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McCracken County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-444-4712. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the McCracken County assessor's office at 270-444-4714. Please call the assessor's office in Paducah before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mccracken County Courthouse at 270-444-4707.