Martin County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Martin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Martin County, Kentucky. You can contact the Martin County Assessor for:
- Checking the Martin County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 309The Martin County Assessor's Office is located in Inez, Kentucky. Inez is the county seat of Martin County, where most local government offices are located.
Martin County Assessor Contact Information
Martin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Martin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Martin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Martin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Martin County.
- The Martin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Martin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Martin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Martin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Martin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-298-2807. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Martin County assessor's office at 606-298-2808. Please call the assessor's office in Inez before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Martin County Courthouse at 606-298-2800.