Magoffin County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Magoffin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Magoffin County, Kentucky. You can contact the Magoffin County Assessor for:
- Checking the Magoffin County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 430The Magoffin County Assessor's Office is located in Salyersville, Kentucky. Salyersville is the county seat of Magoffin County, where most local government offices are located.
Magoffin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Magoffin County Information
Magoffin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Magoffin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Magoffin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Magoffin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Magoffin County.
- The Magoffin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Magoffin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Magoffin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Magoffin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Magoffin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-349-6198. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Magoffin County assessor's office at 606-349-6197. Please call the assessor's office in Salyersville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Magoffin County Courthouse at 606-349-2313.