Letcher County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Letcher County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Letcher County, Kentucky. You can contact the Letcher County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Letcher County property tax due date
101 West Main StreetThe Letcher County Assessor's Office is located in Whitesburg, Kentucky. Whitesburg is the county seat of Letcher County, where most local government offices are located.
Letcher County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Letcher County Information
Letcher County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Letcher County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Letcher County Tax Appraiser.
- The Letcher County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Letcher County.
- The Letcher County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Letcher County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Letcher County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Letcher County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Letcher County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-633-2182. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Letcher County assessor's office at 606-633-3995. Please call the assessor's office in Whitesburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Letcher County Courthouse at 606-633-2432.