Laurel County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Laurel County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Laurel County, Kentucky. You can contact the Laurel County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Laurel County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
101 S Main StThe Laurel County Assessor's Office is located in London, Kentucky. London is the county seat of Laurel County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Laurel County Courthouse, at 101 South Main Street.
Laurel County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Laurel County Information
Laurel County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Laurel County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Laurel County Tax Appraiser.
- The Laurel County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Laurel County.
- The Laurel County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Laurel County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Laurel County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Laurel County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Laurel County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-864-2889. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Laurel County assessor's office at 606-864-5387. Please call the assessor's office in London before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Laurel County Courthouse at 606-864-5158.