Jessamine County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Jessamine County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Jessamine County, Kentucky. You can contact the Jessamine County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Jessamine County property tax due date
101 N Main StThe Jessamine County Assessor's Office is located in Nicholasville, Kentucky. Nicholasville is the county seat of Jessamine County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Jessamine County Courthouse, at 116 North Main Street.
Jessamine County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Jessamine County Information
Jessamine County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Jessamine County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Jessamine County Tax Appraiser.
- The Jessamine County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Jessamine County.
- The Jessamine County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Jessamine County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Jessamine County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Jessamine County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Jessamine County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 859-885-4931. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Jessamine County assessor's office at 859-885-9964. Please call the assessor's office in Nicholasville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Jessamine County Courthouse at 859-885-4500.