Jackson County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Jackson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Jackson County, Kentucky. You can contact the Jackson County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Jackson County property tax due date
PO BOX 175The Jackson County Assessor's Office is located in McKee, Kentucky. McKee is the county seat of Jackson County, where most local government offices are located.
Jackson County Assessor Contact Information
Jackson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Jackson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Jackson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Jackson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Jackson County.
- The Jackson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Jackson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Jackson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Jackson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Jackson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-287-7634. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Jackson County assessor's office at 606-287-7079. Please call the assessor's office in McKee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Jackson County Courthouse at 606-287-8562.