Hopkins County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Hopkins County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hopkins County, Kentucky. You can contact the Hopkins County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Hopkins County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
56 N Main StThe Hopkins County Assessor's Office is located in Madisonville, Kentucky. Madisonville is the county seat of Hopkins County, where most local government offices are located.
Hopkins County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hopkins County Information
Hopkins County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hopkins County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hopkins County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hopkins County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hopkins County.
- The Hopkins County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hopkins County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hopkins County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hopkins County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hopkins County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-821-3092. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hopkins County assessor's office at 270-825-5012. Please call the assessor's office in Madisonville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hopkins County Government Center at 270-821-8294.