Hickman County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Hickman County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hickman County, Kentucky. You can contact the Hickman County Assessor for:
- Checking the Hickman County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
110 E Clay StThe Hickman County Assessor's Office is located in Clinton, Kentucky. Clinton is the county seat of Hickman County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hickman County Courthouse, at 110 East Clay Street.
Hickman County Assessor Contact Information
Hickman County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hickman County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hickman County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hickman County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hickman County.
- The Hickman County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hickman County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hickman County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hickman County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hickman County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-653-5521. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hickman County assessor's office at 270-653-4248. Please call the assessor's office in Clinton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hickman County Courthouse at 270-653-4369.