Henderson County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Henderson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Henderson County, Kentucky. You can contact the Henderson County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Henderson County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
20 N Main StThe Henderson County Assessor's Office is located in Henderson, Kentucky. Henderson is the county seat of Henderson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Henderson County Courthouse, at 20 North Main Street.
Henderson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Henderson County Information
Henderson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Henderson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Henderson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Henderson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Henderson County.
- The Henderson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Henderson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Henderson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Henderson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Henderson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-827-6024. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Henderson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Henderson County Courthouse at 270-826-3971.