Hart County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Hart County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hart County, Kentucky. You can contact the Hart County Assessor for:
- Checking the Hart County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
PO Box 490The Hart County Assessor's Office is located in Munfordville, Kentucky. Munfordville is the county seat of Hart County, where most local government offices are located.
Hart County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hart County Information
Hart County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hart County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hart County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hart County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hart County.
- The Hart County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hart County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hart County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hart County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hart County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-524-2321. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hart County assessor's office at 270-524-2322. Please call the assessor's office in Munfordville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hart County Courthouse at 270-524-5219.