Green County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Green County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Green County, Kentucky. You can contact the Green County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Green County property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Green County Assessor's Office is located in Greensburg, Kentucky.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Green County Assessor Contact Information
Green County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Green County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Green County Tax Appraiser.
- The Green County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Green County.
- The Green County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Green County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Green County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Green County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Green County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-932-7518. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Green County assessor's office at 270-932-5412. Please call the assessor's office in Greensburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352