Grant County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Grant County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Grant County, Kentucky. You can contact the Grant County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Grant County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
101 N Main StThe Grant County Assessor's Office is located in Williamstown, Kentucky. Williamstown is the county seat of Grant County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Grant County Courthouse, at 101 North Main Street.
Grant County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Grant County Information
Grant County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Grant County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Grant County Tax Appraiser.
- The Grant County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Grant County.
- The Grant County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Grant County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Grant County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Grant County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Grant County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 859-824-6511. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Grant County assessor's office at 859-824-6502. Please call the assessor's office in Williamstown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Grant County Courthouse at 859-823-7561.