Franklin County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Franklin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Franklin County, Kentucky. You can contact the Franklin County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Franklin County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Franklin County Assessor's Office is located in the Courthouse Annex, Room 209 in Frankfort, Kentucky.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Franklin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Franklin County Information
Franklin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Franklin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Franklin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Franklin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Franklin County.
- The Franklin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Franklin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Franklin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Franklin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Franklin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 502-875-8780. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Franklin County assessor's office at 502-226-5495. Please call the assessor's office in Frankfort before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352