Fleming County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Fleming County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fleming County, Kentucky. You can contact the Fleming County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Fleming County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
201 Court SqThe Fleming County Assessor's Office is located in Flemingsburg, Kentucky. Flemingsburg is the county seat of Fleming County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Fleming County Courthouse, at 100 Court Square.
Fleming County Assessor Contact Information
Fleming County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fleming County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fleming County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fleming County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fleming County.
- The Fleming County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fleming County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fleming County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fleming County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fleming County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-845-1401. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Fleming County assessor's office at 606-845-1602. Please call the assessor's office in Flemingsburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fleming County Courthouse at 606-845-8801.