Fayette County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Fayette County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fayette County, Kentucky. You can contact the Fayette County Assessor for:
- Checking the Fayette County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Fayette County Assessor's Office is located in Lexington, Kentucky.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Fayette County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fayette County Information
Fayette County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fayette County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fayette County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fayette County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fayette County.
- The Fayette County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fayette County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fayette County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fayette County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fayette County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 859-246-2722. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Fayette County assessor's office at 859-246-2729. Please call the assessor's office in Lexington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352