Estill County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Estill County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Estill County, Kentucky. You can contact the Estill County Assessor for:
- Checking the Estill County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
130 Main StreetThe Estill County Assessor's Office is located in Irvine, Kentucky. Irvine is the county seat of Estill County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Estill County Courthouse, at 130 Main Street.
Estill County Assessor Contact Information
Estill County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Estill County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Estill County Tax Appraiser.
- The Estill County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Estill County.
- The Estill County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Estill County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Estill County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Estill County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Estill County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-723-4569. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Estill County assessor's office at 606-723-0073. Please call the assessor's office in Irvine before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Estill County Courthouse at 606-723-7524.