Edmonson County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Edmonson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Edmonson County, Kentucky. You can contact the Edmonson County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Edmonson County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 353The Edmonson County Assessor's Office is located in Brownsville, Kentucky. Brownsville is the county seat of Edmonson County, where most local government offices are located.
Edmonson County Assessor Contact Information
Edmonson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Edmonson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Edmonson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Edmonson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Edmonson County.
- The Edmonson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Edmonson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Edmonson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Edmonson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Edmonson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-597-2381. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Edmonson County assessor's office at 270-597-9232. Please call the assessor's office in Brownsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Edmonson County Courthouse at 270-597-2819.