Carlisle County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Carlisle County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Carlisle County, Kentucky. You can contact the Carlisle County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Carlisle County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 176The Carlisle County Assessor's Office is located in Bardwell, Kentucky. Bardwell is the county seat of Carlisle County, where most local government offices are located.
Carlisle County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Carlisle County Information
Carlisle County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Carlisle County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Carlisle County Tax Appraiser.
- The Carlisle County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Carlisle County.
- The Carlisle County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Carlisle County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Carlisle County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Carlisle County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Carlisle County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-628-5498. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bardwell before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Carlisle County Courthouse at 270-628-3233.